“Nuptial love maketh mankind, friendly love perfecteth it...”
Francis Bacon, Essay 'Of Love' – 1612
The FBRT runs a Friendship scheme for those who are interested in the work and supportive of the FBRT, and who want to keep in contact, share information and new discoveries, take part in discussions, receive the FBRT newsletter together with various new essays and reports, and generally be kept up-to-date on these matters.
Benefits of Friendship include:-
- a newsletter biannually (twice a year) with news, comments, insights and latest research;
- reports and extra information about FBRT events;
- extra essays and study papers;
- online archive of illustrated transcripts of lectures;
- online archive of newsletters and essays;
- participation in a web forum (blog);
- bursary scheme.
To be a Friend of the FBRT requires an annual subscription of £35, renewable at the beginning of each year. The subscription can be paid by the following means:-
- online via PayPal using a debit or credit card;
- online via Charity Choice (with an additional donation);
- sent by mail to FBRT as a £ Sterling cheque made out to 'FBRT' and drawn on a UK bank;
- by Bankers Order – please contact FBRT.**
- ** Automatic renewal of Friendship can be made by Banker's Order.
To become a Friend or to renew your Friendship, please complete the Friendship Form, indicating how you have paid the subscription, and send to the FBRT by email or post as appropriate.
The Friendship subscription goes towards the cost of maintaining the Friendship scheme and is purposefully kept as low as possible, but the FBRT as a whole needs to be supported by donations. Therefore, if you can, please make a donation in addition to the subscription so as to support the work of the FBRT.
If you are a UK taxpayer, FBRT Friendship subscriptions and donations to the FBRT are eligible for the Gift Aid scheme. This enables the FBRT to recover from the Inland Revenue the basic rate of tax you have paid on the amount gifted to the Trust, thereby in effect donating an extra amount to the Trust at no extra cost to you (= 25p extra for every £1 you give).
To do this, please in addition complete the Gift Aid Form.